1. Word (version XP or onwards) could not be found on this machine
This error occurs when importing a Microsoft Word document into AEM Forms Designer.
In the past, we have solved this problem by making edits to the Windows Registry. However, this is NOT the ideal approach. Adobe now has a fix for this issue in AEM Forms Designer. You can download and run this Service & Cumulative Fix Pack:
2. Designer Crashes
After clicking Preview PDF, Designer crashes. I restart Designer and it successfully executes Preview PDF once, but then crashes again the very next time. The cycle repeats. Sometime it crashes by closing the program completely without any messages. Other times I see messages like these.
Here are some things to try.
1. Uninstall Designer and restart your machine.
2. Re-install Designer but first make sure all other programs like Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and web browsers are closed.
3. Go to Add or Remove Programs in Windows and locate Designer.
4. Select Designer and click Uninstall but this time choose Repair to repair Designer.
5. Test the Preview PDF feature in Designer. If it still does not work, open a CMD prompt as Administrator and run these commands.
C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32.exe "c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Experience Manager Forms Designer\FileSystemBrowser.dll"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64>regsvr32.exe "c:\Program File (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Experience Manager Forms Designer\ImageFileBrowserIDL.dll"
C:\Windows\SysWOW64>"c:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Experience Manager Forms Designer\FormDesigner.exe" /regserver
3. Designer Preview PDF Disabled
Sometimes, AEM Forms Designer does not show the Preview PDF tab. It may be grayed-out or otherwise disabled. This has been a problem that has frustrated Designer form authors for years. The traditional approach has been to reinstall Designer and Acrobat or Reader. I read that it may have something to do with the Adobe PDF Reader ActiveX control not being properly installed. Lately, I have seen this approach work very well for my students who are experiencing this problem.
1. Close your XDP in Designer.
2. Open Internet Explorer.
3. Click Tools (the gear icon in top right) and select Manage add-ons.
4. Select All add-ons in the Show drop down.
5. Find the Adobe PDF Reader add-on and select it.
6. Click Disable.
7. Click Enable.
8. Open your XDP in Designer.
Your Preview PDF tab should now be active.
4. Designer Preview PDF shows blank screen
Sometimes, AEM Forms Designer shows a blank screen when you select the Preview PDF tab. This can be caused by Adobe Acrobat's need to verify your credentials.
If you receive a blank screen when selecting Preview PDF in Designer, open Adobe Acrobat and see if it prompts you for your login information. If this is the problem, it will be solved once you pass your Acrobat credential information back to Adobe.