1. AEM Forms Server on Macintosh
This error occurs when running an AEM Forms server on a Macintosh computer. You cannot create child panels in an adaptive form if you are running your AEM Forms server on a Macintosh. If you try to create a child panel of the guideRootPanel, you will see the Name property highlight in red and you will not be able to complete the panel.
- Software Version: AEM Forms OSGi 6.4, AEM Forms JEE 6.4
- AEM Forms add-on package: adobe-aemfd-osx-pkg:5.1.42
- Steps to Recreate: Install AEM Forms 6.4 and the AEM Forms add-on package. Create a child panel.
- Suggested Work Around: Run your AEM Forms server on Windows and avoid the Macintosh as an AEM Forms server platform.